Friday, 13 April 2012

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san episode 1 discussion

I felt like watching the web anime first, which I loved the opening song and simplicity of the comedy. I guess the anime is just an upscaled version of the web anime and of course with a story, references and cuteness. I prefer the web anime's opening song, but I won't complain with what I have.

Mahiru Yasaka was targeted by demons for some sort of human trafficking. It just isn't seem realistic when they continue to chase him when there are so many other students to target. Nyaruko has done her research on him so it's going to be a more of a long term stay. So he's special in some way or maybe he's just extra tasty. She has come to Earth to protect him under the planetary defence organisation.

Nyaruko
Mahiru Yasaka

The second demon shows up which shows her true character. A lovable excited character with Mahiru and sadistically brutal to the demons. She's entertaining in both instances and kept me watching throughout the episode.

<3

Nyaruko transfers to his school to continue her close watch. It's not that he hates her, but more like inconvenienced by the demons and her. She did make an entertaining entrance and with clear violence shown to the rest of the class, his reputation should have been ruined or she's just crazy enough for no one to care. The class seems to think they would work well as a couple and even go as far as forcing him to eat her cooking and make their interest obvious.

Her true feelings
Fangirl squeal

I would eat her lunch

The third demon introduced her pet Shanta which is just a Charizard crossed with Aerodactyl. Yes there's even a pokémon reference to go with that. Though being so weak, he must just be a low level.

Charidactyl
Brutally sadistic

The main thing I like about this anime is not the story, but more of the relationship between Mahiru and Nyaruko. I approve of their relationship even if Mahiru would never. I don't tire of referencing the real world because it makes me seem part of the anime, but trying to stab her with a fork may have been a bit too far. Violence is just once of his assets to keep her under control and yet it's normally the girl beating the guy.

I am so jealous of Mahiru

Even if it is just once, I'd like to see what her real form is like. A cute cthulhu is nice and all, but I want to see her real form. I can only guess a terrifying monster which is expected to eat humans not help them. For now, her cute antics will satisfy me and probably be an overdose.

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

6 comments:

Shizuo said... [reply]

Damn, I'm so jealous with Mahiru >_<

Let's Nya~!

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Shizuo
He's bringing out the best in Nyaruko so I'll forgive hii.

feal87 said... [reply]

Awwwwwwwww, Nyaruko is really cute damn. All that blushing...>_<

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@feal87
Mahiru blushed too. This is officially my guilty pleasure anime.

Anonymous said... [reply]

A cute Cthulhu is nice and all, but I want to see her real form.

Nyarlathotep was created by H.P. Lovecraft and is a fictional character in the Cthulhu Mythos featured as an Outer God. He is also symbolic of the destructive potential of Carl Jung's collective unconscious and actively seeks to agitate our universe into madness, woe, and discord. Nyarlathotep has 1000 "masks", or forms, and except for the humanoid ones, they're generally frightening (1D10/1D100 SAN loss).

http://members.shaw.ca/csstrowbridge/Tulzscha/Nyarlathotep.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss330/Vlad_cel_Rau/Nyarlathotep/nyarlathotep-7.jpg

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Anonymous
Haha it's as expected, I prefer her cute form and she's nothing like you'd expect.

Post a Comment