Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Uchuu Kyoudai episode 5 discussion

Episode 4 discussion can be viewed here

Mutta arrives in America to visit Hibito and NASA. The choice in outfit is not the best idea. Sunglasses and a trench coat make him seem so suspicious. Since he's in America, I'd have thought he'd speak English. Maybe he was lucky they understood he wanted to find the exit. Is it easy to get lost in airports?

Stalker, call the police

He arrives at the designated meeting point and awaits Hibito. Instead of hibito, he is greeted by Apo, the cutest pug I've ever seen. I don't know if Hibito trained Apo to chase after Mutta, but Apo seemed to enjoy it and Mutta got some well needed exercise. Next time he'll be able to run 9 minutes. I'm pretty sure everyone has a unique scent so it can't be because Apo recognised a similar smell to his owner. Hibito is hiding something that used to belong to Mutta, or maybe Apo saw a photo.

Apo

Hibito thought of Mutta as his rival, but now he's become so laid back. After being better at studying and being ahead like an older brother should be, Hibito slowly became better and Mutta must have somewhat given up. Mutta did regain his spark to become an astronaut, but other than that, he isn't challenging Hibito.

I approve

Hibito is going to the moon, but I don't know what JAXA's mission would be. Maybe they'd be limited to just staying in a space station or going to Mars as Mutta originally decided on. Though after the end of the episode, I'm unsure if he'll get into JAXA. One person's vote is not enough to decide his fate and everyone must come to the same conclusion or at least be the majority vote.

End of the road?

Next episode Mutta will finally go to the NASA centre. Seeing an insight into actual astronaut training might be fun. Hopefully we'll have confirmation to whether mutta is out of the running, it's done like this for a cliffhanger and for suspense. I believe he will get to space somehow.

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

6 comments:

Shizuo said... [reply]

"the cutest pug I've ever seen", LOLLLLLLLL I agree with you.

Race between Mutta and Apo in the park made me laughed so hard. Seriously, that was so funny... Jiaahahahaa.

-blacksheep said... [reply]

that cliffhanger!! does that mean Mutta's out of the race and has to start all over again? x_x

but yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll get to space... somehow....

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@-blacksheep
I can't see any other way other than through JAXA, but anime can make anything happen.

Rei said... [reply]

I don't think Muta will give up if he doesn't get a chance to be an astronaut. There might be a 2nd chance or maybe someone else will save his ass. Not quite sure what is going to happen but I expect a surprise on the next episode

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Rei
He has connections through Hibito, but I can't see any way other than through JAXA.

Post a Comment