Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Uchuu Kyoudai episode 10 discussion

Episode 9 discussion can be viewed here

I didn't expect participants other than in Mutta's test. These are the best of the everyone in each test and given Mutta's intelligence, I wonder how he will do. Regardless of how any of them look or act, I'm sure they have the skills and intelligence to become astronauts otherwise they wouldn't be there. The 15 successful participants get on a closed off bus as the start of the third exam. The cameras are pretty obvious even if Mutta doesn't notice them.

The lucky 15
Closed off bus

Once far enough into their journey, they are told to have a 10 minute ice breaker with each member. I don't see much benefit to this test since they've already had interviews to see their psychological side and how well they do with oral communication. The best this will do is to see how well they do with small talk and a generic conversation.

Talking with people for 140 minutes

I can't see why they chose to make them rank each other when they are likely to have talked about themselves and less about qualifications and skills of being an astronaut. I would probably put myself high up if not first. I would never consider putting myself low on the list. Then when it comes to ranking others, I'd have a bias to people I like. Mutta should have Kenji and Serika high up along with anyone he got on well with during the ice breaker. Putting something like "I refuse to rank them based on 10 minutes"  shows you're a good person, but it might damage chances of becoming an astronaut.

Ranking people you've just met

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

8 comments:

Reason said... [reply]

I haven't started this one, but reading this review reminds me of Kaiji.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Reason
I haven't seen Kaiji so I don't know about it.

This is one of my favourites along with Sakamichi no apollon for this season. They just have interesting episodes every week.

Shizuo said... [reply]

It was nice to see Mutta can talk with Serika, nice progress!.

This episode actually quite slow and flat I think. Hopefully the next episode could be more exciting than this episode.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Shizuo
Mutta really deserved it.

It lacks the same comedy as the other episodes and there certainly wasn't as much plot to move the story along.

-blacksheep said... [reply]

this episode just makes me think so much about the 3rd exam. I wonder what it is all about. XD

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@-blacksheep
Going by what Kenji said previously, he expects tests to do with extended stays on Mars or the moon.

Shizuo said... [reply]

And Mutta will get a Star Wars ringtone like Serika had, LOL@♥EcchiCatgirl♥

Post a Comment