Monday, 9 July 2012

Sword Art Online episode 1 discussion

That was an amazing first episode giving us a good look into the virtual world and trapping all the gamers there. Kirito holds more than enough skill to make it to the final floor as long as he finds a decent team. Knowing how things like this goes in anime, he's bound to make a strong team and work together to beat the game.

Klein vs boar

I'm unsure about the limited resources given the respawn of the boars. It must be dependant on items from villages and how many players demand the same items. Similar with Accel World, there are only a few kings and they make up the legions, this anime must have limited strong weapons and armour for the many players entered in the game.

Road to the next village

There's no guarantee they'll die when killed in game. The game master just needs a strong motive to keep them playing in order to remain god of the virtual world. I don't think it's too difficult to fake news reports considering how far the gaming world has gone. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the final boss either.

I am your god

The moment you give up, you're basically dead so kill or be killed. Kirito is doing the right thing choosing to play the game to survive instead immediately giving up. Recruiting Klein would have been an added bonus, but he's new to the game and finding another beta tester would be best to team up with.

Kill or be killed

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

9 comments:

feal87 said... [reply]

I wonder how they'll play out the leveling up routine in an entertaining way. I'm bracing for some time-skip...:P

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@feal87
Show one or two small fights as he heads to the village then I hope only show the boss battles for each floor.

A time skip is a good idea too.

Mark Anthony Corla said... [reply]

Yep lot's of time skips but done in a tasteful manner. I've read all 9 novels so I can definitely say if the anime adaptation sticks w/ the novels style it will undoubtedly be one of the best. This series is in no way original but what hooks you is the authors writing style w/c is loads better than his work in AW. The sense of loss is amazingly strong and you really feel for the characters. And no there is no miraculous "all people wake up because they weren't really killed" plot after the first arc ends. They are well and truly dead.

Mark Anthony Corla said... [reply]

Yep lot's of time skips but tastefully done. I've read the novels so I can definitely say that if they adapt the authors style well then this would definitely be one of the best this season. It's in no way original but what sucks you in is how the story is delivered. And no the people who died in game really did die IRL. No to way about it.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Mark Anthony Corla
/Aw, I was thinking for a way out of it. This will still be fun to watch.

-blacksheep said... [reply]

I haven't seen this yet but I'm very interested the idea of being inside the game.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@-blacksheep
It's similar to Accel World, but better. It's my favourite so far based on the first episode. I hope it lives up to the hype from the fans.

Overlord-G said... [reply]

I don't like MMOs at all but since I convinced a friend of mine to pick this up, him liking action shows and all, I suppose I'll pick this up near its completion.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Overlord-G
I don't play games, yet it's simple for me to follow. I enjoy it for the action and it's easily good enough that I won't drop it.

Post a Comment