Sunday, 23 September 2012

Sword Art Online episode 12 discussion

Episode 11 discussion can be viewed here

Yet more well executed trauma for Kirito and Asuna. Yui turns out to be AI designed to keep sanity in SAO and it's a shame she was killed off so quickly. Being on Kirito's side would only have made him too overpowered and make the game too easy. Removing her powers and admin rights would have made her useless, but she'd still be around and that makes all the difference. The errors caused to Yui's program might have given her the ability to feel emotion better than how she would have previously emulated it.

Yui ♥
Grim Reaper

Instead of having Kayaba control all of SAO, it's left to an automatic AI called Cardinal.  I thought he would want to watch over while keeping them trapped, but now I'm not so sure. There are limits to using human judgement so I think AI would always win in this situation. Well, depending what his actual goal is, I expect him to be watching over the players at the very least.

Cardinal's control

I'm amazed at how well Kirito managed to use the terminal. It goes far past what any beater should know. Since no one could technically own Yui it won't be like Pina, so I don't know the specifics about how she'll be revived. As long as they have her heart, I have hope that I'll see her again.

Yui's heart


Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

6 comments:

feal87 said... [reply]

Now Kirito must hurry to end this game and recover Yui! She need to come back! *_*

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@feal87
I don't want to wait till he finishes the game, I want Yui back now.

ShizuoCell P said... [reply]

The fact Yui is a AI, really surprised me.

By the way, saw Kirito go into the cardinal system really impressed me and at the same time laughed.

WOW... besides popular with many girls, great in fighting, has a unique ability, Kirito is also a powerful hacker @_@.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@ShizuoCell P
I don't think Kirito hacked, he used the system Yui had already logged into. It is surprising he knew what to do to make Yui a game item.

Anonymous said... [reply]

@♥EcchiCatgirl♥
probably changed yui's file extension to a ".obj" but that's just me pulling stuff outta my a**

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Anonymous
I don't think it's that simple to change the type of file.

I thought certain files have unique properties so he'd have to convert it instead. He saved her regardless.

Post a Comment