Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Sword Art Online episode 22 discussion

Episode 21 discussion can be viewed here

Even an invisible wall isn't enough to tell Kirito something is impossible, but the only way up is through the tree. He was doing so well against the guardians of the tree that only arrows caused him to fail. It's the same with the fight against the Salamanders and how only the magic and their teamwork put him at a disadvantage. It is kind of normal to see how reckless he gets when he gets really desperate. It's not something he can do alone and should have waited for backup. He gave a lot of money to the Sylph and Cait Sith alliance so I expected them to help him. He still hasn't died properly since he was resurrected, so I'm unsure if his Nerve Gear is still programed to kill him after he's dead longer than a certain time.



I knew Kirito would be revealed to Suguha eventually, but it pretty much takes away from how well the first part built up the episode. While I disliked how they did the reveal, I can't see any better way for them to do it. I think the only good thing is how it prevents Kirito from immediately trying to conquer the tree again.

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

2 comments:

feal87 said... [reply]

Next episode they have to resolve Suguha's issue indeed, but after that..it'll be a last spurt till the end...:)

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@feal87
I hope they don't make another episode like this. I didn't like how they handled Kirito's reveal.

Post a Comment