Saturday, 22 December 2012

Uchuu Kyoudai episode 37 discussion

Episode 36 discussion can be viewed here

I didn't like Mizoguchi's backstory and I'm happy he wasn't selected as an astronaut. He's a strong leader and shows he can take on a lot of responsibility, but without the ability to rely on others, he'd be the only one to do the work. He seems task focused which means without a good relationship with others and access to their honest opinions, he has the possibility of completing his work at a lower standard. Maybe his ideas really are great and no one actually needs to question him. His suggestions were always logical, but there is no perfect system when completing a task.



It would have been cruel if Hoshika had called Mutta out only to tell him he had failed. We all knew he was going to pass some way or another and having used the phone to tell Mizoguchi he had failed, calling Mutta out was a positive sign. I assumed he recognised Hoshika because of all the flashbacks we were shown, but this gives us closure on their relationship.

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

2 comments:

Cely belly said... [reply]

Yeah, I was surprised when Mutta didn't recognize Hoshika. I thought he knew him already but I suppose it just feels that way because of those flashbacks. But I loved this episode. I felt genuinely happy for Mutta. I thought I would cry but nah.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Cely belly
Those flashbacks made it easier to understand everything, but made it harder to know what Mutta remembers. I am happy to see him make it and I wonder how many episodes are left now.

Post a Comment