Saturday, 6 April 2013

Tamako Market episode 12 discussion

Episode 11 discussion can be viewed here

I assumed Dera was crying because Tamako had said she never loved him, but he just isn't as fit as he used to be. The constant cutting to Dera running was annoying, but it was fun to assume the worst. Dera turns out to be the first one to find out what Tamako really wants to do herself. He really does care for her despite his arrogant nature and misunderstanding sneezes. I no longer hate Dera. It's not that I like him now, I just don't hate him like I did in the first episode. Dera still makes Tamako smile though.



It might be better left to the respective fans to dream, but out of Midori and Mochizou, I'd have to choose Mochizou. In the end Midori didn't get to be anything other than one of her friends and when she was the centre of an episode, she wasn't portrayed as a good person. Mochizou is kind of average, but his heart is in the right place. He just needs to be more proactive like he was in this episode. He was able to give Tamako the best possible present and while it seems like it was the first time he managed to give her a birthday present, I wonder if it seems more like a return for the cake.

In the end the prince wasn't interested in Tamako and she was Choi's ideal wife. Everything just returns to how it used to be except for the bonds created during the anime. Choi recieved some parting gifts from everyone except Tamako. It was funny and for the best that she didn't accept the meddle.



Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/EcchiCatgirl

4 comments:

feal87 said... [reply]

and now...SEASON TWO! *runs away*

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@feal87
Hahaha, it wouldn't be bad to get a second season.

ogmansblog said... [reply]

As the show came to an end last week, nothing had changed. I said it before and I'll say it a million times, "cuteness and moe alone, do NOT a great show make". However, for you, since it's what you primarily seek, it worked.

Anyway, despite your disdain for her, Midori's the ONLY person I cared about in the entire show. At least she was a less common stereotype, unlike everyone else.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@ogmansblog
It was fun to watch and cuteness adds points, but I will always acknowledge a good story.

I want to like her, but I can't.

Post a Comment