Sunday, 26 May 2013

bIuecrimson's Favourite Anime Songs

The best openings and endings manage to maintain the tone of the series instead of an obvious change. There should be a serious song for a serious series and a happy song for a happy series. YouTube usually removes the songs so I won't be linking any, but you have enough information if you want to listen to any of them.

My only criteria for music is the ability to listen to it over a long period of time. Many of the songs I start listening to quickly lose their initial charm and I'll probably never listen to them again. For this list, I am only looking at the song itself because I have less interest in the actual scenes. I prefer fast paced songs and a tune I personally enjoy listening to.

The instrumentals should not be louder than the vocals. They are there to compliment the singing, not overpower it. I see it most often with percussion and very rarely other instruments. I dislike when the singer is trying too hard to make the song sound good. It might be their style, but I believe it's fine as long as they genuinely sing well with good backing music. I really hate stereo which goes silent on one side. It is really off putting when one side suddenly stops giving out music.

Openings

  1. Lovers - Naruto: Shippuuden OP 9
  2. Golden Time Lover - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP 3
  3. Fiesta - Fairy Tail OP 6
  4. Magenta Another Sky - Arcana Famiglia
  5. High Powered - Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
  6. Now or Never - Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2nd Season
  7. Sugar Sweet Nightmare - Bakemonogatari OP 5
  8. Forever - Elemental Gelade
  9. Kizunairo - Fortune Arterial
  10. Youthful - Chihayafuru

Endings

  1. Pieces - Kyoukai senjou no Horizon ED 1
  2. Setsubou no Freesia - Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal ED 2
  3. Inside Identity - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
  4. Koi no Hoono - Kanokon
  5. Coloring - Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
  6. Kimi ga Iru Basho - Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
  7. Happy Sunshine - Asobi ni Iku yo! ED3
  8. Inori no Uta - Simoun
  9. Alicemagic - Little Busters!
  10. Unite - Accel World ED 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment