Saturday, 6 July 2013

Free! First Impressions

I wasn't expecting much from this anime and after watching the first episode, it was pretty lacking in plot. It did well to introduce them as kids and then they had to grow up... I honestly didn't expect much as I'm not really a fan of sport or ecchi. I guess I'll watch it for cute boys doing cute things. I have watched other sport anime. Ro-Kyu-Bu! with loli basketball is a masterpiece.



I'm not a fan of ecchi series, whether it be fan service or man service, mainly because I'm not the target audience and I actually prefer to watch hentai for real "plot". I'd also prefer to watch a series full of cute moe characters whether it be K-On! or something similar with boys like Tsuritama, but that was more focused on embracing new experiences and growing. It's only a matter of time until they create a swimming club to eat cakes and drink tea.



I look forward to the introduction of the megane character and how his character will get along with the rest of the cast. For now, I like Nagisa and Makoto even if they did grow up.

6 comments:

Cely belly said... [reply]

Oh yeah the megane character. I forgot about him. Though he's not a swimmer I think. Hope he takes his shirt off at some point :P But yeah he should be interesting.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@Cely belly
He's not a swimmer yet. If he isn't swimming, he'll need to become one so the fangirls get their fix.

ogmansblog said... [reply]

Not a fan of ecchi anime and you proceed to label Ro-Kyu-Bu a masterpiece. Just when I thought your tastes could not get more confusing...

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@ogmansblog
Ro Kyu Bu is more cute than ecchi. It's fan service in it's own right, but I'm at least the target audience for lolis and shoutas. I think it's cute even if we don't share the same opinion.

czai said... [reply]

I haven't really seen this one ('cause I'm so damn busy lately =_=') but I didn't expect it be lacking in plot(?)... hmmm... maybe you should try and wait for at least 2more episodes and see.
rather than being captured by the man service in this series, I'm personally more on seeing how they'll be doing this kind of series. I mean just look at the guys, they look so... moe.

♥EcchiCatgirl♥ said... [reply]

@czai
I intend to watch it all the way through as I do expect some cute moments along with the man service.

I specifically chose the flashback character designs. I have more interest in shoutas than them all grown up.

Post a Comment